Capturing the Kids

Today is my son's 12th birthday!  I love taking pictures of my kids, but birthdays make me especially sentimental.  I try to photograph my kids in situations which capture their lives and personalities.  Here are a few of my favorites over the past year.

I was trying to copy a sweet photo I saw on Pinterest, but Violet was not interested in lying on the bed a looking at me.  Running around, jumping and falling was much more fun!
Of course, she tired herself out and enjoyed giggling with her big brother, another favorite activity.  I love this one - it captures the special relationship Jonathan and Violet have.

A rare "still shot" that I managed to nab after she wore herself out jumping all over the bed!

Such a boy :) I've taken his picture on this same set of wooden stairs every May since he was 3 years old.
He turns 12 today!
Halloween 2011 - Harry Potter and the Golden Snitch
Violet loves to take her dog for a walk!
Violet and Jonathan enjoying Christmas morning together
This is so Jonathan.  Laying out and inspecting everything from his stocking. If you look closely, you can see that he has neatly stacked his other presents behind him, organized by genre.  Oh, I love it!
We kept this box for a good month!
Celebrating Violet's adoption anniversary - this is pensive Violet
Ok so the story behind this one.  I was making dinner and Violet took the bag of goldfish out of her diaper bag when I wasn't looking.  She decided it was snack time and was so proud of herself - notice the clapping!
Violet's first birthday - getting ready for her party!
 Celebrating the 1 year anniversary of Violet's adoption being finalized :) SUCH a special day!







Comments

Popular Posts